Look at art...Feel bad.

I've made a commitment to get better throughout these next few months. Whether it be though studying the fundamentals to actual drawing and painting. Overall, I understand the importance of "making it" or "surviving" in the industry. I started this blog not just as a way to share the Art of Mike Yakovlev, but as a reason to push me to do more art. To create something to the point that I want to upload it -to finish it.

When I tell myself I'm going to do something, or when I plan out my day:
-Wake up
-Eat
-Start sketching
-Paint
-etc...

I never actually do it. What really happens is:
-Wake uo
-Eat
-Reddit
-Eat
-Look at art
-Feel bad
-etc...

So I've been recently forcing myself to paint or draw when i catch myself not doing anything art-wise. This way it's unplanned and gets me into the habit of creating more art. I have two mentor-ships with two incredible artists going on at once and I don't want to take that for granted. I want to look back at the end of these next few months and see my progression, becasue it's only going to get harder from here on out.

Thanks for reading,
Best,
Mike

Comments

Popular Posts